Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Wii Fat

I don't remember where I saw it, but the other day I read an internet post connecting bad posture with shyness and not in the direction that seems to make sense on the surface. Their claim was having bad posture made people shy. I can't find where I saw it but they didn't have anything backing that claim. However, after a bit of reading I found one site that claimed good posture provides better blood flow which makes people feel healthier which I guess could help. I suspect it's more a vicious feedback loop where being shy causes bad posture which makes you feel worse which makes you shy. Or something.

Regardless, I've been meaning to get back on the Wii Fit bandwagon and get into something resembling shape. Having a stronger core should help with posture too, so might as well get started, right?

I scrounged up some batteries and  set up the Wii balance board. It turns out it had been 377 days since I last 'played' Wii Fit. I did the body test and it turns out I've gained almost 9 pounds in that time and am up over 145 pounds with a BMI over 22. At points in my life I was definitely on the 'too skinny' side of things but that's really not the case anymore.

I then tried to do some of the strength exercises but the 'charged' batteries I put into the balance board died after about 5 minutes total. I'm going to have to find some new batteries so I can get at it tomorrow. I figure if I make a habit of ending my posts here with Wii Fit data I'll be more apt to keep at it this time around so we'll see if that works out or not.

No comments: