Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bridge Match 1 - Board 95

Board 95 – Dealer South – NS Vul

My hand: ♠ A K 3 ♥ Q J 8 ♦ K J 5 ♣ K Q 9 3

I open 1 club. Partner responds 1 heart, Walsh. I jump to 2NT with my balanced 19 count. Partner bids 4 hearts which gets passed out.

NORTH
♠ 6 4
♥ A K 9 7 5 3
♦ Q
♣ 8 6 4 2


EAST
♦ 9

SOUTH
♠ A K 3
♥ Q J 8
♦ K J 5
♣ K Q 9 3


West North East South
1♣
Pass1♥1 Pass 2NT
Pass4♥ All Pass
1Walsh

Well, I have 6 hearts and 2 spades for sure. I can easily establish 2 diamond tricks for 10. And a club for 11. And I have 2 Aces to lose, and no way to avoid it. Unless something weird happens at the start I will make 5. West wins the A of diamonds and returns a diamond which isn't ruffed. So I make 5.


NORTH
♠ 6 4
♥ A K 9 7 5 3
♦ Q
♣ 8 6 4 2

WEST
♠ J T 9
♥ T
♦ A T 7 6 4 3 2
♣ T 5

EAST
♠ Q 8 7 5 2
♥ 6 4 2
♦ 9 8
♣ A J 7

SOUTH
♠ A K 3
♥ Q J 8
♦ K J 5
♣ K Q 9 3


Most straightforward hand ever? Captain Jack agrees with me as does the replay.

Nick: 650
Jack: 650
IMPs: +0 (+13 total)

No comments: