Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bridge Match 1 - Board 85

Board 85 – Dealer North – NS Vul

My hand: ♠ A Q J 6 4 ♥ A 9 ♦ 9 8 5 ♣ 9 5 2

East opens 1 diamond in 2nd seat. I bid 1 spade. West makes a negative double, partner bids 2 spades, and East jumps to 4 hearts. White on red I'd consider saccing here, but red on white seems sketchy so I pass as does everyone else. I lead the 9 of diamonds.

WEST
♠ T 5
♥ Q T 8 6
♦ J 3
♣ K Q 8 7 6



SOUTH
♠ A Q J 6 4
♥ A 9
♦ 9 8 5
♣ 9 5 2


West North East South
Pass 1♦ 1♠
Double1 2♠ 4♥All Pass
1Negative

9-J-Q-A. East draws trump. 2-9-Q-7. Back to diamonds. 3-2-T-5. East shifts to clubs. A-2-6-4. And diamonds again. K-8-5 of spades-4. 6-5 of clubs-T of spades-3 of hearts.

Partner returns a club. J-2 of spades-9-Q. Trump is drawn to my hand and I have to lead a spade. Declarer is up. Making 5.


NORTH
♠ K 9 3
♥ J 7 3
♦ Q 4 2
♣ J T 4 3

WEST
♠ T 5
♥ Q T 8 6
♦ J 3
♣ K Q 8 7 6

EAST
♠ 8 7 2
♥ K 5 4 2
♦ A K T 7 6
♣ A

SOUTH
♠ A Q J 6 4
♥ A 9
♦ 9 8 5
♣ 9 5 2


Professor Jack disagrees with my lead and honestly, when I made it I forgot East opened 1 diamond. I would have lead a club if my head was in the game. Jack suggests leading a club.

He then disagrees with my heart suit play. He wants me to hop with A9. Is that right?


On the replay I get screwed as East only bids 3 hearts, not 4. They make 5 as well.

Nick: -450
Jack: -200
IMPs: -6 (+32 total)

No comments: