Thursday, October 06, 2011

Glitch Leaderboards

Sthenno pointed out to me earlier this week that there are a few leaderboards for Glitch. I now have something to shoot for! There are 15 leaderboards...

Most experience - Currently 3247/35169
Most achievements - Currently 224/24826
Most rooms explored - Currently 407/26509

Then there are 11 leaderboards for reputation with each of the giants. My highest ranking is 924th on the tinkering giant leaderboard. This despite having nearly twice as much rep with the experience giant.

The last leaderboard isn't a personal one at all. It totals up all reputation for each of the giants and shows how they rank against each other. One of the giants has almost twice as much as the next closest giant, and that's the experience one. I'm thinking an awful lot of people have been rep grinding with that giant in order to rush research the better learning skills. The second highest one is the mining giant who is about 33% higher than the third one, which is the animal one. The rest are way behind with the dirt giant at the bottom, at less than 16% of the experience giant's total.

Sthenno is up to 3rd on the animal giant rep leaderboard. The two people ahead of him are vastly higher level so I wouldn't be surprised if he passes them soon.

Personally I think I'm going to work on the exploration leaderboard. One of my focuses on Aardwolf was exploring all the zones to make that number bigger and I'd started doing that in Glitch even before knowing it was tracked somewhere. (I got an achievement for fully exploring one zone and decided I wanted more of those.) Maybe instead I'll try for the achievement leaderboard since it's the one I'm highest on right now. Probably I can work on both at the same time since I'd want to get the exploration achievements either way!

1 comment:

Sthenno said...

I'm second now, and have no meaningful competition. The leaderboard didn't update for a while when I was stuck at #20 with 9800 (#19 had 9900, #1 had 34k).

When it finally updated i was third with 24k and #1 now had 36k.

Now the guy in first place looks like he was first place on all giants at some point, but I see he has lost first place on a few giants to people who are willing to really go for it (over 50k).

I'm banking about 10k+ per real day, so I expect to be #1 this weekend easily, and I plan on keeping that going for a while to secure a truly absurd lead.