Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Final Fantasy Legend: Power Curve

So my party is 4 tier-13 monsters. I can't get more power until I eat meat from the powerful end bosses. The monsters on the first world couldn't hurt me. The ones on the second world couldn't hurt me once I figured out to pick races which couldn't be crit for instantly dead. The ones on the third world practically couldn't hurt me, sometimes swinging for 1. The monsters in the current world are swinging for over 100. It feels like there should be more of a curve in monster difficulty. Where are the monsters swinging for 20?

My max health is around 600 so I'm in a bit of trouble in terms of staying alive with current random encounters. I've had to eat some meat to heal to full and transition to races I may not want to be, but that's ok. It's certainly not a big deal right now. My worry is if there are more worlds to come... On the current curve the next world's monsters will be cracking for a really worrying amount. Like, probably enough to one-shot my dudes...

1 comment:

Sky said...

It seems like the 'all monster' party was not well tested. Maybe they just didn't think about monster mechanics in the slightest. Old games did that a lot, just make up mechanics and let it go and don't have any concern whether or not the numbers make any sense. Fun to figure out, mind, but frustrating if you find yourself unable to win the game at all.