Thursday, May 30, 2013

More Badminton!

Three weeks ago I went out and played badminton for the first time in an awfully long time. I ended up with the entire right side of my body being stiff and sore for almost a week. My knees were bruised and scabbed for about two and a half weeks. And my sleep schedule was shifted such that I was asleep on Thursday nights, so I hadn't been back.

Then yesterday Matt emailed me and asked if I wanted to go again today. I woke up at 8am today like a normal person so I was set to be awake in the evening. And my body was all healed up from last time, so it seemed like a good idea.

It was a fun time once again. I didn't win any of my games, but I did make some good shots and worked up a good sweat again. I didn't reach the point where I felt like I was in real danger of fainting, which is good! I also made a point to drink less water this time since I may have gotten water poisoning last time. I can already feel my right arm seizing up. My right knee is bloody and bruised in the same spot as before. It's almost like I keep diving for birdies the same way! But fun.

The gym was really hot this time thanks to it apparently being summer in Toronto. I hate being sweaty. And yet I realized today I like getting sweaty. Actually moving around and getting tired is great. Sitting around in a drenched shirt and pants, not so much, but I guess it's the price you have to pay. Maybe I should try to play DDR again where I can jump in the tub when I finish to get the sweating part and not the sweaty part. It is also nice to get invited out to do things. Makes me less hermity!

No comments: