Thursday, November 17, 2011

Major League Gaming: Providence

Tomorrow marks the start of the final event of the 2011 MLG Pro Circuit season. On top of the standard Starcraft 2, Halo, and Call of Duty events they're also bringing back League of Legends. Ask and you shall receive, right? Well, turns out not so much, since they're going to be using an older patch so none of the new changes are going to be in the game. It's still going to be a dozen or so high level games which I really enjoy watching.

I was thinking about going to TabsCon this Saturday and play some board games but instead I'm going to just stay home and watch people playing video games on the internet. I have a premium account on the MLG website so I get to watch their bonus streams and everything in higher quality. It's pretty sweet, and I actually know in advance that it's happening so I should be able to start watching from the start. I really want to watch the LoL games but I'm also looking forward to the Starcraft 2 games. And I may even watch some Halo if nothing else is streaming!

2 comments:

Sthenno said...

I guess I can see the reasoning for sticking with the older patch for LoL for the last event of the season, but I they obviously don't apply that same reasoning to Starcraft.

At any rate, I don't think it will make much of a difference to the watching experience. I'll be watching Starcraft and probably tuning into some LoL between matches.

I understand there's even a Barcraft in Toronto on Sunday. As Josh suggested: "Go to a bar and watch Starcraft with people you will probably hate!" But fortunately D&D should save me from any inclination to do so.

Ziggyny said...

I think part of it is they ran a big qualifier preliminary thing to pick the 4 teams going to MLG. I think technically it was part of MLG? They probably needed to keep the same format across the whole tournament.

We could always go play D&D in a bar...