Sunday, November 13, 2011

Final Fantasy Legend II: Magi Variance

I acquired my first set of magi last night and was disappointed to find that the game wouldn't tell me what they did. They were named power, speed, and mana so my first guess would be that they buffed strength, agility, and mana but it didn't seem to modify the actual stats. I did notice that the person who equipped speed went from doing about 15 damage per swing with an agility weapon to 170 damage per swing which is a pretty ridiculous boost. I decided I wanted to know what they did so I risked that an FAQ would tell me where to find them all and checked out what they did.

I ended up being disappointed for a second time since it seems there aren't actually 77 unique magi in the game. At least the descriptions of what they do only listed 15 different ones so either there's a whole bunch of placeholders or there are a bunch of duplicates. That my magi inventory list gives a quantity certainly implies the latter.

I am enjoying combat and watching my characters get better by doing things. My mutant has spells that hit all the enemies for more than their max health which is a little overpowered but he's slow and goes last so the human gets to skill up too so it's all good.

1 comment:

carte dstt said...

I am pretty disappointed with FF legend II so far after played 12 hours. The combat system is fun, but the whole game in my mind that the stair tower in FF series, The story is also immature,In general, I went through the whole history of a scene in Mass Effect 2 However, FF series, I found it starts jumping scenes.