Saturday, November 05, 2011

Final Fantasy Legend II: Item Shops

I made it to the first town (it was quite trivial to do so since they give you an NPC to help clear out the first dungeon and he was awesome) and checked out the item shops. There are no stat boosting potions around and coupled with the fact my human randomly gained some stats in the first dungeon, well, I'm pretty sure they work more like mutants than humans of the first game.

I also found out the game doesn't tell me what the gear in the shops actually do. Is a given weapon or armor an upgrade? I have no way of knowing without buying it and trying it on. I don't like this sort of mechanic so I've decided to find an item listing online from which to shop. I'm still intending on finding the magi on my own if I can, but looking up an item list is just going to save me time and/or money. Or sanity.

I'm a little sad that the human mechanic changed between games but on the plus side that means more money to buy twinky gear for my robots!

No comments: