Monday, July 25, 2011

WBC 2011 Scheduler

Last night I finally finished manipulating this year's WBC schedule to fit into my spreadsheet from last year. In the process I came up with some ideas to make it more efficient which I might try to add in sometime this week. I'll probably end up changing my plan around a bit as I tinker with it more, but here's what I came up with last night for my WBC plan (click to enlarge):


One big difference from last year is I hardly had any demos I wanted to attend last year. There's a whole bunch I'd like to check out this year but couldn't actually find room for many of them. The only ones I actually found room for were Founding Fathers and Samarkand. (And Empire Builder since there was nothing else at that time and I want to get an idea for how they play at WBC.) Due to my complete inability to comprehend web pages it looks like I might not have a team this year making it so I can't pick Empire Builder as my team game to follow through on my threat from last year. (I'd actually decided to switch into Le Havre anyway, but whatever.) I did stick a game of Empire Builder in there.

I put in one of the Wits & Wagers games and the other only conflicts with the Lord of the Rings: the Confrontation finals which are pretty unlikely anyway so I may try to do both this year. I missed out on both last year and was sad.

Last year I commented that I was cocky to schedule 4 finals. This year I scheduled 5! It turns out they're the same 4 as last year along with Ra! Dice. I didn't even play one of those 4 games last year and only made one of the finals. I did make a different finals. So, yeah, planning for finals is not exactly the most useful thing in the world. But it's still fun to do!

Liar's Dice is again left off since it again conflicts with the Vegas Showdown finals. I didn't even make the Vegas Showdown semis last year, but I blame picking it as my team game for that. Maybe this year I'll have better luck.

I really wanted to learn one of the football games they play at WBC but couldn't fit them in. I should really look into what I have to drop to get that to happen. I used to play a strategic football game as a little kid and remember liking it despite not really understanding the strategy behind actual football. Now I do, kinda!

No comments: