Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Blood Bowl: Spring Season Odds

5 weeks down, 2 weeks left to go in our big Blood Bowl league. The standings are pretty tightly packed. Group 1 has teams with 4 and 5 points which feels pretty out of it but all three of those teams are practically guaranteed to make the playoffs assuming they win their last two games. The current 3rd and 4th place teams are out of the playoffs if they lose out. So everyone pretty much has their destiny in their own hands. The second place team is probably in even with 2 losses and the top team is guaranteed in with 2 losses.

Over in group 2 there's a team with only 1 point through 5 games, and they're pretty much out even with 2 wins. The next 3 teams (4, 5, and 6 points) are probably in with 2 wins in their last two games. The two teams at the top are almost certainly in even with 2 losses. And the two teams currently in 3rd or 4th place are in with 1 win and may even make it with 2 losses. Getting a tie or two will go a long way. So even here pretty much everyone has their destiny in their own hands. I find it interesting that there are 3 teams in group 2 that are undefeated. Robb's penchant for draws is likely helping that happen...

I'm not sure how playoff pairings are going to work, so I don't know if there's any reason to aim for a specific final position. I'm practically guaranteed first in my group so it's not like I could even lose out on purpose to change my seeding if I wanted to. Which I don't! Even if it would be 'right' to do so I could never bring myself to throw a game. Must win! Though I don't know if super crazy plays are on the docket...

No comments: