Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Final Fantasy VIII: Dance!



I talk a bit from time to time about how awesome the PSX era Full Motion Videos are. Of all the videos in all the games, this one is by far my favourite. No other character in a video game makes me wish I was them as much as Squall does in this video. I wish the guy in this video had chosen the '...' response to Selphie, though.

If you find a PSX memory card lying around in my apartment (or possibly even still on Josh's or Byung's) you'll find a save game right before the start of this scene. I have one on my PSP now. So I can go watch the video when I feel like it!

The FMV starts at 1:45 in the linked YouTube video. I really like how they did Rinoa's facial expressions. The whole thing really shows off the power of the PSX.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see a link in your post. I'm guessing you meant to post this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZmUrOZ3pAs

Ziggyny said...

Yes, it is. I guess YouTube changed something about their embed code since I added the video the same way I've added videos to other posts, and it was there in my preview, but it wasn't in the post when it went live. Weird! I hope using their really old embed checkbox works!