Friday, March 23, 2012

Lack of Gaming Desire

Recently I haven't actually played a lot of games. I have games I want to play but I can't find the motivation to actually play them. Other than a few games of League of Legends each night I haven't really played anything in a while. I have been re-reading some pretty good books, though, which have Game in the name at least... (Ender's Game series and Hunger Games series)

I used to look forward to the weekend as a time to play a ton of games. Now? I just want to sleep in. This weekend I also want to watch a lot of streamed games from the MLG Columbus event. In StarCraft II I'm going to keep rooting for the guys I cheered for at the winter arena... Huk, MarineKing, and Idra. Huk and MarineKing are already 3-0 in their pools and will only need to defeat the two people from the open bracket tomorrow to make it to the top 6. Idra is in the open bracket and has yet to play a game since he has 4 byes by virtue of playing in the winter arena. One interesting name, who is hopefully going to be Idra's first match, is TheLittleOne. I thought he'd retired from professional play but it seems he came out to this event. He was my favourite player in the beta since he played random! He doesn't play random anymore (looks like he's playing Zerg today) but he still seemed like a pretty cool dude. I hope he does well.

I've also watched a surprising number of King of Fighters games. It turns out there's just a ton of action in the fighting games! They were playing 3v3 matches and you played a best 3 out of 5 overall so there's a lot of fights per match. I don't know anything about the game or any of the characters but it was still pretty interesting to watch. I'm looking forward to Mortal Kombat tomorrow even though I doubt the game resembles the one I used to play on the SNES way back in the day. I hope Johnny Cage is still in the game and still has a crotch punch!

1 comment:

Old_Hobo said...

I've found myself to be in the exact same boat. I have plenty of games I want to want to play but never seem to actually play them. Though instead of KoF I have been watching DotA 2. I find I can watch it with 1 eye and still get lots of marking done. (Marking is the absolute blurst, btw.)

I also quit SW:ToR for the exact same reason, too much damn running. But I do recommend people check out the game if they have some time this weekend.