Thursday, June 24, 2010

Deathless Wasteland

Often when I'm playing games I'll be listening to music. Pandora got shut down a few years ago now, so I was forced to find an alternative for my internet radio fix. I've settled on Jango which does a pretty reasonable job of doing the 'similar music' thing Pandora did, though not nearly as well.

One great thing Jango does do, though, is allow budding artists to pay to have their music played over the air. There are lots of different ways to target listeners based on what they already listen to or where they live or how old they are and whatnot. For the listener it pops up a box when one of these 'new artist' songs comes on and lets you choose if you like it or not. If you don't the song immediately ends and it lets you pick an artist to come next. (Normally it's random.)

At any rate, there's one song that came on like this that I think is awesome, despite being classified as 'country'. They've put a free mp3 download up on their website (for a limited time) and I think anyone who might read this should check it out. It's about zombies!

Deathless Wasteland (Behind Zombie Eyes) by Lynn Lister

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ziggyny, thanks for the post about our song! Glad you like it.

Lynn
Blue Cone Highway