Thursday, February 27, 2014

Kingdom Hearts: Plan

There is no plan. I'm not checking out the internet for a potential plan, either. I'm just going to play the game.

Ok, maybe that's not quite true. I played this game once quite some time ago and I'm pretty sure I did everything there was to do in the game. I definitely remember eventually beating the challenge boss: Sephiroth! I guess my plan is probably going to be have fun and try to kill Sephiroth again. Because while I don't remember much about the game, I do remember that fight was awesome.

It's funny, my mind thinks of Kingdom Hearts as a new game, but I last played it over a decade ago. It's almost like my brain is stuck in the early 2000s. Oh well!

Anyway, Kingdom Hearts is an action RPG where you team up with Donald Duck, Goofy, and stars from various Disney movies in an attempt to fight evil and save Mickey Mouse. It plays a little like Secret of Mana in that you have two allies trying to help you out in combat. The Final Fantasy twist comes in by the addition of Final Fantasy characters to the Disney universe where you end up hanging out with Squall and a bunch of other dudes in town and fight Sephiroth at one point. It's a bit of a stretch, but I remember having a lot of fun with this game so it counts!

One thing that does make me sad about this game is I haven't seen all of the movies the game uses for worlds. I don't know why, but when I was a kid I felt like Disney movies were for girls and little kids and therefore I shouldn't want to watch them. My little sister had a lot of the movies and I did end up watching many of them as a result. I liked them. But I felt like I shouldn't like them. So I may not have full context for every level, and that's sad, but I can platform and kill enemies even when I don't know what they are!

No comments: