Thursday, January 24, 2013

Niagara Boardgaming Weekend

Two years ago I went to a board game weekend thing in Niagara that was pretty fun. 4 days of pure open gaming. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't have the vacation time to go back last year. Well, I'm up to 3 weeks of vacation this year and it's been a while since I've had any time off (Mists of Pandaria launch in Sept) so despite the hotel cost I'm heading back again this year. Today, actually, since it's running in January this year.

Last time around I brought a whole bunch of games which just kind of sat around unused since most people brought tons of games and I'm not assertive enough to get specific things played. Not that I really have a strong opinion one way or the other in terms of what I play. I've been rewatching Battlestar Galactica and it's pretty much the only game I have a strong desire to play. And I don't even own it, so it's not like I could bring it along even if I wanted to. I'm pretty sure Sara is bringing it though! As such, I'm bringing nothing at all except some clothes and my old laptop in case I really get a hankering for the internet. My tolerance for being around people seems to be dropping recently (and it started pretty low to begin with) so maybe I'll end up hiding in the hotel room for a good chunk of the time. I'm certainly looking forward to a lot of sleep!

I expect to be out of contact from now until late Sunday. No League of Legends, no Blood Bowl. Just board games, sleep, and maybe some Final Fantasy Tactics. I have posts all set up and (hopefully) scheduled to post automatically on the weekend so regular service here should go uninterrupted. Woo?

No comments: