Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rock Out!

Yesterday was Duncan's birthday, and he had a little shin-dig at a downtown Mexican bar. There were plently of board games going on (I played That's Life, Bohnanza, and King of Tokyo.) It was a good time, and Duncan is old.

At one point the song 'Crazy on You' by Heart came on. Duncan and I both broke out playing the air guitar hero to the song. Heart is one of my favourite bands, Crazy on You is one of their best songs, and the intro is simply insane.




Andrew discovered that Blockbuster shifted their going out of business sales to the next level and wanted to go on an adventure at lunch to the nearby location. They'd been picked pretty clean, but I did find a couple of very cheap games I wanted to have. Guitar Hero: Smash Hits and Band Hero! Crazy on You doesn't seem to be in either one (I actually have Guitar Hero II which has it so that's ok) but it does have Barracuda.

On top of that I picked up a copy of The Usual Suspects which is a movie I thought was awesome when I saw it at movie night in university and figured I should give it another spin. Then Andrew pointed out the movie The Running Man and lamented that he didn't have anyone to watch it with. I shrugged because I'd never heard of the movie and he told me he thought I'd really like it. I then vaguely remembered Sky referencing it in passing when he posted about Hunger Games yesterday... (Turns out he was talking about the book, not the movie.) At any rate, for $3 I was willing to give it a spin since Hunger Games is the best book series I've read and Andrew says I'm sure to like this movie...

At any rate, it's time to rock out and then maybe watch a movie! (Or play League of Legends...)

3 comments:

Sky said...

I have never seen Running Man but as I understand it the movie is a ridiculous mindless action flick that bears no resemblance at all to the book. The plot is totally different and really just shares a name with the book.

It might still be fun though, but don't judge the book by the movie!

Also, if you want to borrow Running Man from me I have it around someplace. It is in a 5 book anthology with other good stuff from Steve King writing as Bachmann.

Sthenno said...

The Running Man is classic Arnold.

If you like puns about people being brutally murdered, you will love the Running Man.

Ziggyny said...

"He had to split!"

It turns out I do like Arnold puns and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It certainly seemed like a mindless action flick as they glossed over what I assume was a lot of the plot around the resistance.

I wouldn't mind trading the movie for the book for awhile, though as I am about 20% into Dance With Dragons it will be some time before I can get around to reading it.