Sunday, August 21, 2011

Off to Nationals 2

Yesterday started out terribly with 2 losses. Key to those 2 losses were 8 mulligans. I played against Valakut and Splinter Twin and drew no torpor orbs in 3 of the sideboarded games. Oh well. Then I beat a UB control deck.

My first draft deck was 'terrible' but none of my opponents built a deck with enough early drops and my 3 act of treasons actually did something. I 3-0d with no bombs.

My second draft had me open a mythic rare. That colour got cut off so I had to build a 2 colour deck, but it seems ok so far.

More details to follow at a later date.

1 comment:

Sthenno said...

I googled "canadian nationals magic the gathering 2011 coverage" last night and was excited to see you had made it to the quarterfinals.

Then I glanced at the winner's deck and got a little confused. Then I read some draft coverage of the triple Coldsnap draft.

It turns out (no guarantees this is still true today) that when you search what I searched above, one of the top results is the 2008 coverage.